Saturday, October 10, 2009

Winterizing My Life

First I want to have a moment of silence for Trout/Scout......
I literally gasped when I read Amy's post. Glad you're OK Schell. MJ, I'm holding my mourning to see if I should be sad for the transmission or the car. You and Clayton could get together and talk about how bad it sucks to have your transmission die in your car though. He just went through it.
In case you were worried that I might freeze to death this winter (as the rest of Chicago, Alabama, and I were.) Here is what I hope to be a bit of encouragement...the gradual building of my winter wardrobe! :)

First: coats.
Parka? check.
3/4 length down sleeping bag with arms. mmmm toasty.



Next: rainproof/warm coat...check!

check it! a 2 for one deal. Coat on the left fits inside the outer coat for extra warmth if needed. YES PLEASE!
Next: footwear. oh, but first, Bella. She wanted her pic taken to tell y'all hello!
My new boots arrived in the mail today! I kind of love online shopping.
London Fog suede waterproof fur lined boots on the left and some super sweet rain boots on the right.

In other news: I am going to class. They are going OK so far. I sometimes feel totally over my head in finance. Surprisingly, I'm following really well in Statistics and Market Research...go figure. Everyone around here is getting ready for Halloween. Better start thinking of a costume idea.
One of the men that teaches in our program writes this blog - Damn, I wish I'd Thought of That. Pretty cool stuff.
One of the dog owners that comes to the park Bella and I visit brews beer. He invited some of us over to brew some one day. I'm pretty excited about that. Should be fun.
Clayton visits next week. YAY!!
My radiator heaters are already on and running - high today was 50 degrees. The radiators sometimes make funny noises at me. Almost like they're complaining at me or something...What's it called when you give human characteristics to inanimate objects?? I do it too much.
that's all I got. I had Chicken Panang curry for lunch...think I need to sleep some of the rice off.
SIDE NOTE: If you're not familiar with Owl City - do yourself a favor and become familiar. me gusta. start with the song Fireflies.
Happy October!
Ashley
and
Bella

4 comments:

  1. Two shout outs? Awesome.

    "Labels: winter"? Fairly sure it's not winter.

    I'll try to think about Halloween ideas for you. Kind of hard to be one of the Lawrence Welk Show girls without your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. personification?

    i like all the shopping that is going on and maybe we should dress up like the SNL sisters, even if split up.

    and i'd like to join the dying trannies club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, so i initially thought you meant trannies as in transvestites....clayton did too. ha! careful with shortening words schell

    ReplyDelete