Friday, October 16, 2009

Sammy's back!

I picked my car up yesterday from Wholesale Transmissions (AKA, that tranny place), and it was a pretty special moment to sit in Sammy again. it's crazy how much you miss having wheels after only one week. but, here's the problem: I get into my car, and they've moved the seat back. I understand. they're bigger guys, and I'm not 6' 2". however, when I pushed the switch to move it forward....it just sat there. I kept trying, and it wouldn't go forward. funnily enough, unlike my car last week, it will go in reverse. so I go back inside and ask the guy to come out and look at it. he pushed the switch back and forth and tried to manhandle my seat into scooching up a few more inches, but it didn't go forward. he said "yeah, you're just gonna have to take it somewhere." not the words you wanna hear after picking up your car from the shop.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled and thankful to have my car back. it's just a little frustrating to not really be able to reach the pedals. I think I'm just gonna continue to have a love/hate relationship with my car, because there are quite a few positive vs. negative points with this.

I have to stretch my right leg out pretty far if I want to continue moving.

negative: this kinda hurts my thigh, and the hypochondriac in me thinks I'll get a blood clot.
positive: I'm gonna have a rockin' hard thigh on my right let. get ready for competition, Beyonce.

my whole body looks pretty stretched out if my back is touching the seat.

negative: I look like I'm ridin' dirty.
positive: I look like I'm ridin' dirty.

I'm further away from my iPod and the a/c and heat.

negative: sometimes I have to continue listening to Scars if it comes on.
positive: at least I'm not fooling with my iPod as much and can instead look at the car in front of me.

a guy I work with just looked at it and thinks that it's the track that's messed up. he suggested a place called Pull-A-Part, but you have to bring tools and take the part you need out of the cars they have. I don't know...seems like a good option...mainly because it'd be a lot cheaper than taking it to Ford. so I may do that....or I may just keep ridin' dirty.

I hope all is well with everyone. Ash, I hope you and Claytong enjoy his Chi-town visit. I know he'd rather have me and Amy there, but y'all try and have fun anyway.

and I'm closing with this video. watch it. it's a song called Passerby. it's awesome. and beautiful. I love Allie Moss.

love, love, love you,
mj

1 comment:

  1. i don't know how i missed this blog, perhaps in my rush to leave work. for anyone else that cares, you may have seen pull-a-part's on the back of a b'ham city bus like me. it's two half-dressed girls and "pull-a-part" written in the middle. right, so we're going on christmas day to get a new track.

    two things i like:
    1) allie moss' song
    2) that the balloon kid's family is being prosecuted.

    ReplyDelete