Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Your Mom Blogs

First things first. I have an adorable little family. Evidently my twin nieces take after us and take lots of pictures of themselves. I found this jewel on Forest’s FB and it appears as those little nuggets have learned the art of monkey arm photography. Doesn't it look like Kate is reaching out her arm to take the picture?

The caption would read:
Kate: “Hey, Lauren, get in this picture with me. I borrowed Dad’s camera. Okay… yeah, I think we’re both in it.” Right?

Subject change: Artwalk.
I got a letter Saturday to donate a piece of art by Wednesday for the Preamble on Thursday. Right. So I have to make that tonight. I’m feeling better about the new location but still really scared as time approaches and I haven’t had time to work on anything. Question: If I make that big cardboard piece into the bible page background/blk letter foreground, do you think i should cut it down or keep it one big piece?

Next, I echo MJ’s excitement about the fall. The concerts are going to be great and I can’t wait to dress up with baby doll hands for Halloween. I also hope I get my ears pierced this fall… maybe in Chicago. Tattoos anyone?

And finally, we went record shopping on Saturday and what wonderful things were found. I purchased two new records – Vampire Weekend and Fiction Family. VW is still one of my faves from the past year and FF is new to me, but the people are not… combo of Nickel Creek side guy and Switchfoot frontman, Jon Foreman. It’s good, or goode, as I might say. Also, I got the Animal House soundtrack and a Cure record. Both of those are great dance-around-the-house albums. Other things I’ve been listening to/ buying lately: Matt & Kim, Constellations, Regina Spektor, Michael Fronti (who I had the pleasure of seeing in concert and was awesome), Death Cab’s new EP and Phoenix. I also have bought my usual singles from the summer hip-hop hits, so I’ve been trying to rock it out in my new office. Maybe one day you will see my office. I have a giant (vagiant) poster of a Compassion kid outside my window and sometimes it scares me.

Thank you for being a friend!

2 comments:

  1. I like what you've made for the preamble. I think you're going to be an artistic smash, chicken! and your nieces are darn cute. now if they could only upload the pics they take of themselves...then they'd be uber impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would even venture to say that they're gifted.

    ReplyDelete