Wednesday, April 28, 2010

like that friend who only calls on your birthday...

it's no secret that I've been very neglectful of this blog (kind of like that friend who only calls on your birthday). a legitimate reason for this is that my internet connection has been uber sporadic lately. I would love to complain about that, but I steal the internets so I don't think I can do that without sounding like that guy referenced in Liar Liar who was robbing that lady, fell through her skylight, landed on a knife, and then he decided to sue her and won lots of money. I digress, but what a fun movie that was.

so to sum up, I'm not sure how far back I should go to fill you in on what's been going on in my life. I will say that things have been going pretty well. I finally got to go to Charleston with my mom and Allison last month, which was a blast. that city has something about it, and I really loved it. we went on a tour of homes along the battery, and middle school Melissa (who wanted to be a realtor) was really loving that. we had some pretty fantatstic meals, saw some great art galleries and toured some really beautiful churches. I'll post some pics when I have a little bit more time.

SUBJECT CHANGE: we have our second to last softball game tonight. please wish us luck. this is most likely our best chance at winning tonight. if not, we can at least have a sno-cone at the eeeeend of the gaaaaaame! well, or an adult beverage.

I'm thinking about getting a second job pretty soon. I don't want to lose my free time, but I want to actually be able to start saving money, so I think it's time to suck it up. even though a second job might actually suck it up. any suggestions on what I should do?

FINAL SENTENCES: I've been sorting through a ton of my old CDs recently. some of the more embarrasing ones include: O-Town, Coyote Ugly soundtrack, Hanson Christmas CD, Will Smith's Big Willy Style and Joey McIntyre's Stay the Same. I'll be honest with you though, I was really pumped to listen to a few select songs from those albums. I'm about to pre-order Jennifer Knapp's new album Letting Go, coming out May 11. I hadn't listened to her older stuff in a really long time, but I'm pretty excited about the new album. I recorded Stone To the River (if that's the correct title) at her show at WorkPlay and have been listening to it a lot lately. powerful voice and lyrics...

I have harvested nothing by tearing through you/I try and I try and I try as I do/I've bloodied my fists trying to keep my own plans/oh the damage I've done to my fellow man.

alright, I promise I will increase the frequency of my posts. I'm also trying to eat more fruits and veggies, so keep me accountable with that too. it'll make my mom happy, and I know you all love her.

as Gladys says: keep on keepin' on,
mj

4 comments:

  1. thanks gladys! i DO want to see pics of charleston. and i already told you should work at j.clyde... end of story. thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please work at j. clyde. you would be the best server there EASILY - hello tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i'm sayin is that my birthday is coming up soon. so maybe you could call then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete