Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday slumday



hello dear family, friends and maybe a few randos,

well, this weekend has been fairly lazy for me, but I did manage to go to a pi-yo class on Saturday morning. turns out it's a pilates/yoga class. I actually enjoyed it a lot. it focused a little more on the pilates side, so I'm definitely a little sore today. out of shape, party of one, your pi-yo class is now ready. the studio is in Homewood, and I really like the place and the teacher who taught the class. I'd like to try out a few of their other classes, but I'm thinking about doing a temporary membership. and I'll be going to a hot yoga class downtown tomorrow night. I don't know that I'm as excited about this one, but I have no doubt that it'll be an interesting experience. some girls from Luckie are going, so there may be more "haha's" than "ohms" but we'll see.

I've really been trying to get on a healthier, happier, more focused kick as of late. I've nearly cut out coke from my life, which is a very strange thing but it's been pretty easy. I'm drinking tons more water everyday, trying to eat healthier and apparently going to yoga. and I'm a full-fledged LOST fan, and if that doesn't fulfill your life there's not much more you can try. super pumped about the premiere on Tuesday!

I got to see Garrison Starr play Bottletree a couple weeks ago! it was pretty sweet to see her in an intimate setting, and since it wasn't super crowded we got to chat with her for a good bit afterwards. she was insanely nice and didn't seem to mind that I bugged her about her other musical venture, Among the Oak & Ash. I finally got to hear "Gardenia" live (another benefit of seeing someone play a smaller venue: they listen when you shout out requests). I recorded it on my phone...apologies for not the greatest of audio. but I love this song and have always wanted to hear her play it live. she's always had real honesty and rawness in her voice and lyrics. I like that. (tried to upload it here, but it wasn't working so here's a link to my mobileme gallery if you'd like to take a look...and a listen.)

http://gallery.me.com/mjjordan7#100019&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0

and I also got another "mel face" picture!



Ash, I'm always a little jealous of your town when I see your pics. but I don't think I could handle the cold. I'm already uber ready for spring here in the 'ham. hope you're acing all your classes and keep making the rest of us look like IMC riff-raff. and I hope you'll learn how to cope with no more OMG texts about LOST coming to you all the time!

enjoy the week, kids! it starts off with Monday, but I hear it gets better. and LOST is back on Tuesday. what...a fan I've become!

hearts all over the world tonight,
mj

4 comments:

  1. i love your new fitness lifestyle. you need to talk to wingo about hot aerobics.

    IMC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Wingo has a GREAT hot yoga story.

    Yes Amy, IMC. That's the degree I'm currently seeking. Integrated Marketing Communications.

    Hey, thanks to both of you lovely ladies for calling me back this weekend.

    LYLAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel it seems that my girlfriend is also "trying to get on a healthier, happier, more focused kick as of late". However in Chicago Yoga isn't good enough so that means going to BodyPump and also taking a POLE DANCING class with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEP! that's right ladies. I shall hoist myself onto a pole...and do weight lifting aerobics soon.

    ReplyDelete