Friday, June 4, 2010

Not your mom's house.

Hey, blog. Long time, no see…sorry about that. It’s been a crazy few weeks, but I think things are starting to settle down. This past weekend, we went to Decatur to visit my aunt and uncle and to see the local Decatur Arts Festival. She wanted me to scope it out for a possible venue for my stuff, so we went. It was great weather and we had a good time with them. I bought this from the hands of Kreg Yingst:
It’ll go up next to my Alex Leopold piece in my office. It looks a lot like this one:

Seven minutes after pulling in their drive, my uncle had a spread of cider and cheese ready for us. Don’t miss it, seven. Out of control, and that’s how the rest of the time was, just ask Melissa. Visited a restaurant my sister had recommended from her trip to Decatur, Leon's. It was a pretty special trip-- got a burger with salad and great fries. Sort of like a FLIP place but more homey and housed in an old refurbished service station downtown. Then Sunday we were off to Lawrenceville for a wedding outside and of course it started raining/sprinkling during the ceremony. This is what I was busy doing afterwards:
Got back late Sunday and got right back in the car Monday morning for a 6-hour lovely journey to LaTech in Ruston, LA for work. Came back on Tuesday just in time to start my summer internship of Sophie Care. That’s right, for the next 2 months, it’s me and the Sophs. Don’t be jealous.

After I pick up the last roll of pictures today, I’ll post some of the latest and greatest photos from my grandfather’s camera. Ashley, I have a good one of you and Bella, so get excited. Oh also, check out Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. It’s my newest purchase and was suggested by my aunt. They are pretty great. Oh snapfish, we haven't talked about LOST. I'll have to show y'all some pictures from the sweet party we had, fully decorated house and LOST food. I'll save it for next time! BW!

No comments:

Post a Comment