Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ramblings of Procrastination

It's finals time, so everyone has their nose in the books, except for me. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I just can't motivate to study for the two finals that I have tomorrow.

The past few weeks have been filled with ups and downs.

I was SUPER excited to have sunshine and 40 degree weather for a few days. I think my S.A.D. is subsiding. I can only hope the same for Liz Lemon.

I've finally recovered from the plague. My black lung cough will sometimes resurface when I'm outside, but I'm otherwise healed. Get excited.

I've had a really hard time missing out on the birth of baby Emma. I'm not really sure why, I missed Jon and Sarah's wedding, so it's par for the course! I guess it's the first realization I've had of the trade-offs that I'm going to have to make in my life. I definitely don't regret moving to Chicago. I guess it was just my first realization that I'm not going to be physically beside you celebrating the great moments in your lives, and supporting you during the difficult ones. I guess this sentiment is fitting to the blog. I still miss you guys already :)
I went to see Citizen Cope Friday night. God love him...he's so messed up during a show, I'm just impressed that he's able to stand the entire time.

I just bought the Mumford & Sons CD and plan to buy tickets to see them at Lincoln Hall on the 24th of May. Thanks Melba for the tip.

Pooja also gave me Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance, I forgot how much I liked that song.

I bought chocolate covered, peanut butter filled pretzel bites at Trader Joe's last week. Pretty sure they should put a warning on those about how addictive they are. good grief.

I've been listening to Jump Little Children a lot lately. If you haven't listened to them in a while, do yourself a favor...go listen to them. now. go.

OK. I guess that's enough for now.


Make wise choices,
ashlarae

5 comments:

  1. first, i still miss you already too. i haven't seen emma yet either and you'll be here soon.

    second, MJ and i did not work this hard for this long for you to not study now. we've gotten you this far and i wish you were grateful. (this reminds me of "CHERA! i work too hard, too hard, Chera, for you to be walking those streets!")

    third, this picture is really nice, thanks. i'm making a sad face for you being sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest and say that I just read this post and the previous one. I'll get better at not only posting to but also simply reading this blerg.

    Ash, I hope finals go well! please make us proud and not regret you moving up to chi-town.

    I would really love to see Mumford & Sons live. is that venue seated? if you don't know, please just be a smart-a and send me a link to their website.

    I get into Jump phases for sure. I made Emma a mixed tape....err CD and put Mexico as the last song. I think she'll grow to love them as much as we do. speaking of that little baby, she's a cutie. I went over to the hospital on Friday and got to see all of them. there are a couple pics on my facebook page!

    hope everyone has a fan-flippin-tastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - http://www.lincolnhallchicago.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog stalking would be more effective if you could translate it for us. please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete