Friday, December 11, 2009

present? present.

well, I've certainly been lacking in giving this blog the attention it deserves. so, I've stared at it for the past 20 minutes, gave it a couple winks and now I'll write a little something. it seems that it's December 11, 2009. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm looking forward to the new year. I mean, I think it's a little cheesy and unecessary to feel like you can make a fresh start just because we're using different numbers to designate the year, BUT I am looking for a fresh start. to be honest the past few months have been kinda blah. alternate spellings/definitions can also be found under "blaaaaah," "blaaaaachh," and "uuugggggh." I'm tired of not doing much and feeling unmotivated, so I'm trying to make a conscious effort to focus and move forward. although, I do like going backwards sometimes, but that's usually only in my car. since, you know, it decided not to do that for a couple weeks back in October.

so to now give a little humor to this post, I will share that I have been asked to be a part of the "unofficial" morale committee at work. this effort is being spear-headed by our new business guy, and I'll be honest with you, our first meeting was a little Michael Scott-esque. however, I always applaud someone trying to put a positive spin on something. and I definitely will never turn turn down a free lunch that involves Mexican food. or Mexican people. unfortunately the majority of the staff at Pablo's was Asian (or as my dad likes to say....."oriental"). but I digress. our new business developer is new to the agency and is trying to get a feel of how we work, what our "culture" is and what we can do to improve "work enjoyment." I suggested instituting a "take 10 seconds" or "don't be an asshole" policy, and I probably got most excited when someone suggested we start playing intramurls. I don't know how long they will keep me on the committee.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. many fun things ahead, and it means that we're even closer to Christmas and Christams vaca days! I'm really excited to be with the fam and experience our first C'mas on St. Simons Island! I was hoping I could get everyone to wear hawaiin shirts and play ukuleles, but I don't think that's gonna pan out and the island isn't quite as tropical as I make it out to be.

and in keeping with the Christmas excitement, I will close with this little treat I found this morning. halleluia!!! shhhhhhhh.

keep bundled up and keep breathing,
mj

p.s. Amy, I promise to post the requested pics very soon.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you made the cut to be on the committee. make us proud! and that's a cuss of a good video too... maybe step sing should try that out.

    ReplyDelete